Software Dev Eng in Test ( Game Studios)
About the Job
We believe that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our beliefs, come join us. At Amazon Games, you'll have the power of Amazon Web Services' cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
Amazon Games is looking for a full time Software Development Engineer in Test, with strong talent and expertise in building tools/automation that spans multiple areas of technology. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with artists and game designers, enjoys finishing projects, and obsesses about the quality of the game constantly. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by "that's not how we do things here." You'll have an opportunity to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You'll have a tangible impact on our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you'll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
· Support test frameworks and toolsets that impacts studio development, quality, deployment, and operations productivity.
· Support automation strategies that guides development teams to maximize testability of games and efficiency of test of test efforts in relation to tools.
· Support the architecture and technology choices of other engineers.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· 5+ years in a Software Development Engineer in Test role.
· 3+ automation frameworks created for testing different technologies (Services, Websites, Mobile, Desktop, Consoles, Games, etc).
· 2+ years participated in focused Quality Assurance efforts.
· 5+ years experience programming in Python, C#, or C++.
· Knowledge of test methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, build systems, and the product development cycle.
· Experience in devising and executing test solutions for game services and technical features, especially with regards to load, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
· Game development experience demonstrable across 1-2 product lifecycles.
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience with large scale services, distributed systems, cloud computing, and databases.
· Experience working in an Kanban, Agile, and/or Test Driven Development environment.