Marketing Program Manager - MBA
About the Job
Amazon is all in on games.
Do you want the chance to solve a real world business challenge? Are you fascinated with connecting players with games they will enjoy? Do you possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills? Do you enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers? If you are not afraid of ambiguity, thinking outside the box, or complex challenges, this Marketing internship might be right for you.
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with pre-Internet arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into linking these communities together and delivering a great customer experience to players, viewers, streamers, and game publishers.
To deliver on that promise, Prime Gaming (PG) highlights our investment and dedication to the games industry and its players. With Prime Gaming, Amazon Prime members worldwide enjoy tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite PC, console, and mobile games. Plus, they can claim a collection of PC games for free every month that are theirs to keep forever, along with a monthly Twitch channel subscription. Prime Gaming's selection of in-game content and free PC games is always growing and rotating to stay fresh, with new items and free games added every month.
What you will do: As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will be given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Prime Gaming to delight players, streamers, and viewers. You'll get to own:
· The creation of strategically driven product marketing plans and overseeing implementation of the tactical components of that plan.
· Working closely with internal teams and external partners, and providing project briefs needed to develop key marketing materials and components such as brand artwork and logo, style guides, online advertising banners, gameplay trailers, product websites and other promotional merchandise.
Amazonian interns are given responsibility on their first day to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions. They drive efforts independently and as part of larger project teams and have a significant impact on the customer experience and the business. In addition to an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer. We give you the tools to own your internship and learn in a real world setting. You would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the Amazon catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize experiences on behalf of our customers.
If this excites you, come build the future with us.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and September 2020. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
· Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master's level program
· 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between graduation from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master's program OR 3+ years of military work experience prior to starting your MBA or master's program
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Retail Planning, Information Systems Management, Finance, or related degree.
· Interest in video games industry and video games related internship
· Interest in video games and online games
· Fascinated by what it takes to build communities and fostering connections between players, streamers, viewers, and game developers
· Experience in games industry
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)