Senior Transportation Procurement Manager
About the Job
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon websites and when the box arrived wondered how you got it so fast, how much it would have cost Amazon, what kinds of transportation systems & processes must be running behind the scenes, and which contractual arrangements exist with our transportation carriers to organize parcels deliveries? Are you interested to apply leading edge technical skills to deliver multi-million euros transportation savings? Do you want to play a role in the rapid development of Amazon in Europe? If so, the EU Transportation Procurement team is for you.
Amazon seeks a Transportation Procurement Manager to join our European Transportation Procurement Department to manage our transportation carriers for several countries in EU.
Successful candidates will have the attitude of an entrepreneur always pushing the limits of what our carriers can do to deliver with higher quality, speed and innovation on behalf of Amazon customers. They will combine strong analytical skills and problem solving mindset. The role will require partnering with Amazon country management, finance, legal, and other transportation teams.
Transportation Procurement at Amazon Europe is all about creating and adding value through great category management, leadership, sourcing activities and supplier management. Our team looks after suppliers across a full range of transportation sub-categories - including postal services, express deliveries and value added delivery services.
This role has responsibility to define and implement transportation procurement strategy for several countries in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders.
The Manager will have responsibility for contracts negotiation and subsequent supplier relationship management for relevant national postal operators and/or other local express carriers.
- Drive appropriate commercial relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use
- Establish country and carriers sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers, and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
- Drive category suppliers in supplier relationship management activities to improve performance and add value to Amazon operations
- A core member of the transportation procurement management team with responsibility to drive development and roll-out of best practices
- Develop and continually improve contract templates in alignment with internal stakeholders (e.g., align requirements for new services / align terms with finance, tax, legal); develop pre-approved standard clauses in order to maximize contract value and fulfilment of customer needs
- Support preparation of carrier specific contracts / agreements
- Establish structured and lean contract update / renewal process and ensure appropriate contract management discipline
- Develop an aligned strategy including initiatives to establish new and innovative services, drive performance and speed improvements, and secure capacity for growth
- Engage stakeholders to ensure the supply base meets Amazon’s business needs in all areas and is prepared for future requirements
- Establish carrier performance management, define evaluations and classifications, drive towards long-term strategic partnerships with high performing carriers
- Identify and implement significant bottom-line cost savings
BASIC QUALIFICATIONSBASIC QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Familiar with procurement strategy definition and implementation
- Excellent command of the English language
- Extensive experience ideally in a procurement, sales, or contracting role level
- High level of numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Financials understanding
- Experienced in sophisticated negotiations involving senior leaders of partner organization is a plus
- Excellent negotiation skills with knowledge of contract law
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Experience in wider supply chain or operations or logistics is a plus although not a must
- Strong interpersonal influencing and communication skills are essential
- Excellent written skills are essential with the experience and capability to create and present documentation to senior executives
- Ability to prioritize well is essential
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.