Software Development Engineer
About the Job
WW Consumer Talent Product Team (TPT) is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build truly innovative internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible. The TPT technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
You’ll work on cutting edge technology that will provide our users with the same amazing experience that our customers have come to expect from Amazon.com. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale. As a developer on the team you’ll collaborate with sharp engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and solutions, build and track metrics to ensure high quality of results.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 1+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation to involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, ReactJS/AngularJS and Object-Oriented Design.
· Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
· Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
- Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn’t about which hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.