Sr Program Manager, Ad Tech – Amazon Ads
About the Job
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, offering a rich array of advertising solutions with the goal of helping our consumers find and discover anything they want to buy. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to build out appropriate models to answer those questions. The right candidate will also have experience leading analytical projects that help define and guide key new initiatives, customer experience and program improvements.
As a Program Manager, you will play a leadership role in our team – the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You are right, a lot. You get a lot done. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a department-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This PM will be expected to develop solutions to business problems that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
A successful candidate should have deep experience in being able to think of ways to understand the business needs while creating, and defining systems and processes to support growth. The right candidate should be able to juggle competing projects, define the road maps to support the business functions and work with the teams to solve complex problems.
Some responsibilities of this role include:
· Develop, implement or maintain existing process and programs as needed throughout the year, navigating with CRM systems and dashboard technologies.
· Meet regularly with partners that include, but are not limited to, finance, product teams, sales and sales management to review the status of the business and collaborate on new methods and tools that can improve the efficiency of our organization and improve the level of service we provide our customers.
· Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
· Prepare ad hoc analysis and participate on projects as needed.
· Ensure that Sales Managers have visibility in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
· Organize data and generate deep customer insight in order to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness.
· Take ownership of all data generating processes and projects related to the advertising business
· Learning and leveraging the broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and converting analysis into digestible business intelligence.
· Presenting written recommendations and insights to stakeholders that will help shape effective strategies.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
· Recognize and use advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 5+ years of experience in program or project management
· Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
· Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSExperience with global sales teams
SQL experience preferred