Software Development Engineer
About the Job
Are you a passionate, talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission-critical, high volume solutions that customers love? Come build the future with us and make a positive impact on our customer experience around the globe.
As a software development engineer on Amazon’s Last Mile Tech teams, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. Grow your career and gain opportunities to invent and innovate new technologies, solve highly complex problems at scale, and deliver game-changing products and services.
You will design and implement critical features in either front-end, back-end, or full-stack interfaces/systems for consumer or internal-facing products, depending on the team you choose. Your standards of the software built will be high, since it has the potential be extended for multiple use cases, for even greater impact. As an effective communicator, you understand the requirements of your customers and stakeholders and drive consensus between multiple teams to deliver software effectively. You are curious to learn new and complex technologies and willing to train new teammates on how the team’s software works.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us