Software Development Engineer
About the Job
Do you want to work on large scale, highly visibility initiative that impacts the Amazon customer experience worldwide?
Amazon's Digital Commerce Platform Team is seeking a experienced Software Development Engineer to help architect, design and build a highly available, scalable, real time digital commerce system for digital products. As a key member, you will own several business critical deliverables and will be immersed in all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You will interact with a wide variety of Tier-1 services across the Amazon ecosystem and will actively collaborate with these service owners to define and deliver changes necessary to achieve your business objectives.You will get to work in fast paced and challenging environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bring 2-4 years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms.
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms
· Exceptional coding skills in an Object Oriented programming language (Java preferred)
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Clear, concise written and verbal communication
· Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Bring 4+ years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with strong background in algorithms.
· B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./MCA degree in computer science or related fields
· Knowledge of architecting & building real-time, large scale e-commerce applications
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages
· Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, open, and collaborative team environment
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements and describe software product features and technical designs.