Software Dev Engineer, Alexa Skills Kit
About the Job
Interested in Amazon Echo? Passionate about establishing best practices and revolutionizing developer productivity? Come work on the Alexa Skills SDK team where we are building the SDKs and tools for Alexa Skill Developers, helping to spread innovation around voice interface and all new possibilities around it!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented developers to innovate the open-source libraries, tools, and frameworks used by Alexa skill developers around the world. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on the design and implementation of tools used by developers to deliver magical experiences to millions of users in the fast-evolving voice development space.
· Develop and maintain open-source library and tool features.
· Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, evaluate technical feasibility, and implement production software consumed by Alexa Skill developers inside and outside of Amazon.
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Will own high code quality, test coverage, and apply best practices in class library usability to provide Alexa Skill developers with best possible experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· 1+ years of professional experience in software development
· Experience in building SDKs or libraries used by other developers
· Experience in building REST APIs
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Knowledge of software design patterns and their application across multiple programming languages
· Participation in open source projects
· Extreme focus on creating high quality code and best practices in one or more programming languages
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.