Senior UX Designer, Customer Engagement Technology
About the Job
Have you ever had a problem with Amazon and contacted customer service? This role will help create experiences that allow anyone to solve a customer's problem. When our customers have problems, we make solutions self-evident, and when they need additional help, we ensure the best possible automation and human support. You will be helping associates solve problems with customers who contact Amazon via phone as well as chat.
Key job responsibilities
* Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
* Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, telemetry data, A/B data, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities, and usability findings
* Work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level requirements
* Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for browser-based and device specific screen sizes
* Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
* Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
A day in the life
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will design interfaces that leverage the latest machine learning capabilities aimed to help customers solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, user flows, interaction models, lightweight prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering, and the UX team to successfully go from early-stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic designer who can translate business needs into an effortless and intuitive customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables anchored with user data.
About the team
This team is part of a larger customer service design studio made up of UX designers, researchers, writers, technologists, and producers that own creating best in class customer service experiences for associates and customers. This role will be part of the associate facing experience team. We own the design framework for any product or feature that helps a customer service associate solve a problem for a customer.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 6+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
· An available online portfolio.
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs .
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience .
· Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, and Keynote.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Experience designing UX frameworks and building scalable design systems.
· Fluency in best practices for design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization.
· Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
· Experience with agile/scrum .
· Demonstrated interaction design expertise; capacity for creating natural, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification.
· Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment.
· A master’s degree in Design, Information Science, Computer Science/HCI, or a design-related discipline such cognitive psychology.
· A relentless customer focus .
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.