Senior Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering, AMZL Energy
About the Job
Amazon is committed to building a sustainable business for our employees, customers and communities. From leading The Climate Pledge to our goal of Net Zero Carbon by 2040, Amazon has consistently driven industry change. Deploying a fleet of 100,000 electric delivery vehicles is one of major ways we’re making a difference.
The Senior Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering for Amazon Logistics Global Fleet and Product (GFP) team will lead the technical system design for the fleet of Amazon Electric Vehicle’s (EV) charging infrastructure. The Senior Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering will help the team focus on developing complex and scalable electrical design solutions, integrating new technology and ensuring adaptability of future technology. The team partners with internal and external teams in engineering, design and construction, utility management, safety, and operations.
In this role, the Senior Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering will own electric design support for all EV charging infrastructure in the US and Canada, leading and improving programs on reliability, maintenance, and scalability. The individual will have 10+ years of experience in the electrical industry, and a professional understanding of electrical design principles, code compliance, and proficiency in installation and testing requirements.
· Develop and iterate the EV charging infrastructure electrical system designs, standards and processes to scale across the US and Canada
· Work individually or as a team leader to facilitate the system design of new and retrofit facilities from concept through design approval and launch
· Act as technical expert on electrical system designs across AMZL Energy
· Advise on strategies and present periodic updates to senior Managers and Directors, as well as internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization and across geographies
· Monitor and manage key vendor relationships to ensure contracted resources deliver work meeting time and quality targets, removing roadblocks, and addressing under-performance issues
· Create and maintain design standards; train/coach external teams and other staff as needed
· Streamline processes to eliminate unnecessary work and create predictable process paths
· Support engineering design reviews of EV charging systems
· Collaborate with other partners and stakeholders such as Design & Construction, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering, Design Engineering, Workplace Health & Safety, etc.
· Build partnerships with internal and external organizations to develop next-generation engineering solutions
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
· Solve complex, technical problems with simple, innovative, and practical solutions
· Work with stakeholders to define program scope, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop milestones to ensure timely completion of programs
**Travel expectations will be approximately 25%
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or related field)
· 5+ years of experience in an engineering role in design or reliability
· 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions at scale
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Master’s Degree in engineering, operations, business, or related field
· Professional Engineering (PE) License
· Experience applying National Electrical Code (NEC) standards
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to successfully interact and negotiate with technical and operational stakeholders, both internal and external
· Experience giving direction to internal and external engineering partners
· Experience in design, construction, architecture, electrical or civil engineering
· Knowledge to identify, analyze, and solve problems
· Experience to make business decisions using relevant data and insights
· Experience with sustainability programs and initiatives
· Knowledge with design iterations, at scale, considering inputs of key stakeholders
· Experience using design software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
· Experience displaying technical leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.