Senior Software Development Engineer
About the Job
The mission of Amazon Business is to serve the needs of business customers and address all their procurement needs – from the smallest sole proprietors to multi-national corporations, government agencies and non-profit organizations. Amazon has learned a lot from our consumer e-commerce business over the last 23 years; we are applying those lessons to a new type of customer. We launched Amazon Business in the US in 2015. Following successful growth we have now launched in seven international countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India and Japan). This is a fast-growing and important part of Amazon’s future e-commerce business with great potential to invent at a worldwide scale.
We are hiring a dedicated senior software engineer to build a new development team to support Amazon Business International in our third-party Marketplace organization. This is an opportunity to join the business at an early stage and will require the successful candidate to address complex problems on behalf of our customers and sellers. You will help drive the end-to end software cycle and will have great influence over the way we build new features and services in years to come. You will help define the overall architecture of our solution working with engineering colleagues across Amazon and with product and business owners around the world. This focus will be addressing opportunities unique to our international business, specifically and to begin with, solving customer needs related to invoicing integration with corporate procurement systems in Europe. You will invent solutions to enable services Amazon has never offered before.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a passionate technology professional with great communication and problem solving skills; and a bold innovator and influencer. This is a start-up business, but one which benefits from the experiences we have already had in the US and over the years serving consumers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++.
· 5-10 years of experience in Software development.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Experience with building large scale, distributed systems.
· Effective track record of coordinating multiple Agile development teams.
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation