Senior Software Development Engineer - We are open to Nashville, TN / Boston, MA / Austin, TX / NY, New York / Seattle, WA / Sunnyvale, CA, AR Digital Systems
About the Job
Is your passion inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work affects the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you will fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply innovative advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we cannot even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Robotics Digital Solutions & Technologies builds and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting Robotics manufacturing. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to build our future state Digital Operations ecosystem. The ideal candidate is a senior technologist that will serve as a technical visionary, developer, and problem solver. Our Senior Software Engineers experiment with AWS technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. You will be expected to facilitate teamwork and lead discussions to simplify a complex, large project in ERP/PLM/MES space to parallel tasks in an ambiguous environment to enable faster responses and yield better outputs from product development through sustaining operations. If you can dream it and justify it, we will explore it.
· Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion
· Internalize our customer challenges and derive creative solutions which apply new and innovative technology
· Design and build business critical, highly available software components in a distributed architecture, connecting multi-tenant cloud services
· Create internal customer facing applications that innovate on usability and human computer interaction
· Design software with quality, robustness and Amazon sized scale as top priorities
· Prototype and test concepts or features, through simulation tools and emulators and also with robotic equipment
· Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
· Develop in object oriented languages with modern AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Athena, internal Amazon development tools and more
· Collaborate cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Hardware Test Engineering, and other SW teams for test integration and configuration of hardware devices that are part of the software solution
· Apply SW best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, and testing
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your balance between work and personal lives.
Please note that we are open to hiring at the following multiple locations : Texas, California, Seattle, Boston and New-York.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Effective communicator, able to work effectively with global and cross-functional stakeholders
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or other algorithmic-centric discipline or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with multithreading and concurrency
· Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
· Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
· Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on clarity and translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
· 10+ years of software development experience
· Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
· Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
· Experience with hardware integrations tied to equipment and sub-assemblies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.