Senior Operations Engineer
About the Job
Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery; Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to support the Amazon Logistics North America (AMZL NA) Operations Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for designing, managing and executing the next generation of delivery station processes, equipment, and operations. This is a unique opportunity to own new innovative projects that will advance the intelligence of our last mile business.
As a Senior Operations Engineer for Amazon, the individual will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design, development, and delivery of systems around the globe. This position will lead initiatives and complex cross-functional projects or programs in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. The Senior Operations Engineer will integrate systems for safety, security, stability, and efficiency. The individual will participate in the full system development life-cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and solution quality needs.
· Manage multiple high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors to generate high-quality, cost-effective solutions in support of business objectives
· Define projects (scope, delivery, and budget), set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements to metrics, and influence resource allocation
· Responsible to provide technical solutions that encompass advanced technology applications, conveyor hardware selection, material handling integration, and vendor commissioning content and expectations
· Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout
· Lead and participate in design reviews
· Communicate future impacts of proposed solutions on an individual system or its components, on the overall systems architecture, and on facility processes
· Conduct post mortem on designs after implementation in partnering with Safety, Maintenance, and Operations
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, and purchase orders
· Build strong relationships with partner organizations within the company such as North America Start-up, North America Launch team, Worldwide Design team, North America Procurement, Information Technology, Safety, Change Management, Reliability and Maintenance Engineering and North America Operations
· Use of CAD based software for review of Material Handling Equipment, building and electrical schematics and layouts
· Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within a geographic node
· Develop cross-functional knowledge of Operations and Engineering team systems, processes, procedures, and tools
*Travel expectations will be approximately 40%
**This role can sit in Bellevue, NY Metro Area, or San Francisco
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
· 7+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation
· 5+ years of experience managing and responsible for multiple large projects
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Operations, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related STEM field
· Operations Management/Distribution Center experience
· Certified OE Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Sensei, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
· Knowledge in technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects or programs.
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems and high-speed manufacturing
· Experience with simulation and 3D modeling software
· Knowledge to build relationships with business partners and key stakeholders
· Experience to work under pressure in a cross-functional organization
· Written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge in hands-on process development and improvement
· Experience in Logistics, Distribution or Fulfillment processes
· Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
· Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.