About the Job
Customer Service Security is the first line of defense protecting our Customers and their interests from technical & malicious adversaries, seeking to steal their data and/or cause them harm. We are looking for Security Engineers who are ready to take on a front-line role in addressing security issues facing the largest Customer Service operation in the world, where customer obsession equals protection. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build solutions to address them.
CS Security is looking for Security Engineers to ensure that our Customer protection is always the priority. We drive incidents to the highest standards, to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing, engineering and architecting solutions to deliver results faster, and you are skilled at investigating security issues and new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to work alongside world-class talent in solving complex and far-reaching problems. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Security Engineering and Architecture activities. The primary locations for these roles are Toronto Canada, Huntington WV, Seattle, WA, but this role is open to flexible locations based on anywhere Amazon operates.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the incident response & technical investigation lifecycle, owning the deep dive and coordination to turn data into information.
· Respond to Incidents in a timely manner, providing leadership & guidance to all security analysts.
· Conduct deep-dive investigations into threat and fraud abuse reports and detections
· Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices.
· Attend internal and external training regarding security engineering and response.
· Find opportunities to improve from large-scale security incident investigations.
· Participate in or lead post-mortem analyses.
· Design & Build security-related services for internal customers.
· Develop and mentor other security engineers, analysts, investigators, and software developers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 5+ years of work in related technical roles (such as threat hunting, threat intelligence, security data analysis, etc.).
· Proven expertise with cloud technologies (AWS preferred, Azure, Google Cloud, etc).
· Proven experience with security analysis on cloud services, especially server-less and authentication services.
· Proven experience using data analysis tools and technologies, such as SQL, Jupyter, R, Python.
· Proven experience with active attacks / live scenarios / applied computer security.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Masters degree in mathematics, computer science, or related engineering disciplines.
· Familiarity with host and network log analysis.
· Standing relationships with global associations relevant to the position.
· Knowledge and experience with hunting utilizing TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures).
· A strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and delivery.
· Proven experience with security architecture, system architecture, threat modeling, incident handling/response, reverse engineering, malware analysis, adversary methodologies, and/or threat intelligence.
· Knowledge of Windows, Linux, MacOS and/or ChromiumOS process and system monitoring.
· Possess a strong understanding of common enterprise technologies.
· Extensive knowledge of computing security issues and threat vectors.
· Experience with AWS products and services.
· Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and creation of remediation plans.
· Excellent written, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to create and contribute to intelligence reports, briefings, roadmaps, and strategic planning documents.
· Be a good human being.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us