RME MHE Technical Trainer
About the Job
· This position will be located at HOU2 and will require up to 50% travel within North America.
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Technical Trainer to join the RME Technical Learning Team! At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We continue to develop technical courses, skills-based training, practical exercises and assessments for our Maintenance teams who maintain equipment within our Fulfillment, Transportation, and Global Specialty Operations (GSO) centers. We have adopted a blended approach by mixing both instructor-led, web-based and skills-based (practical hands-on) methods of delivery.
· Travel to sites to deliver technical training on Material Handling Equipment and assets
· Develop and maintain technical training content and deliverables
· Administer Learning management system (LMS) tasks such as schedule sessions, register participants and instructor resources
· Provide content and class feedback to learning strategy team to drive improvements
· Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
· Provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
· High school or equivalent diploma
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
• Dematic or Intelligrated Equipment maintenance experience
• Automated conveyors systems and controls
• Preventative maintenance procedures
• Industrial Electrical
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications:
· 1+ year of experience in a training role, preferably technical training
· Experience with developing training documentation (lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
· 2+ years demonstrated Adult Learning and Curriculum Design/Improvement experience
· 3+ years of experience with Amazon Robotics
· 1+ year as an Amazon MHE trainer
· TAC Certified in Critical assets for Amazon building.
· Experience managing external and internal relationships to develop and present training plans for other service technicians
· Ability to dive deep into the technical aspects of a topic and understand it themselves, and then translate that understanding into high quality training content and programs for other technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $28.32 - $39.66 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.