ML Data Linguist-II
About the Job
Amazon is seeking a Data Linguist-II to join our Amazon Devices Team. This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of text annotation and general data analysis deliverables.
The Data Linguist-II must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy, and should be capable of:
· Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
· Providing data quality expertise to other team members and coaching improvements
· Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
· Working autonomously with minimum direction
· Building a thorough understanding of conventions and providing support to global sites
· Understanding changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and modifying workflows accordingly
· Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
· Improving software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements
· Diving deep into issues and implementing solutions independently
· Proactively addressing issues and problems
· Keeping up with changing project conventions and priorities
Key job responsibilities
A large part of this role is working with written language data from various languages and dialects and sharing your insights with internal customers who may or may not speak these languages.
A day in the life
Most days are spent collecting requirements from customers, collaborating with peers and stakeholders to complete deliverables, and recommending process improvements.
About the team
The work that we do is confidential, but we are a highly collaborative team who obsess over our internal and external customers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of experience working with written language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
· 1+ year(s) of experience working with command line interfaces and basic UNIX commands
· Near-native level fluency in one or more non-English language
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics
· Interest in semantics and related areas
· Comfortable working with text from various languages and dialects
· Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house data processing tools
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
· Detail-oriented with excellent communication and strong organizational skills
· Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a solution-oriented attitude
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Willingness to support several projects at one time and to accept reprioritization as necessary
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.