Jr. Software Developer, Author & Publisher Experience
About the Job
Jr. Software Developer: Job Description
The Jr Developer Program is a unique employment opportunity that will provide excellent mentoring year-round: part-time during school and full-time during the summer. Students will be immersed in an Amazon team and gain real-life software development experience. Upon successful completion of the Jr Developer Program, the opportunity for full-time employment will be available at the Amazon corporate sites in San Luis Obispo, CA, HQ1 (Seattle, WA) & HQ2 (Arlington, VA).
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is special in several respects:
· We offer work year-round, 16 hrs/week while in school and full-time during breaks. Working schedules are re-arranged each quarter to accommodate class schedules.
· We offer excellent mentoring. Our full-time software developers are willing and able to mentor exceptional student developers.
· We give our interns responsibilities and roles which will prepare them to enter the workforce after graduation with “real world” software programming experience.
The students who participate in our program routinely say that the real reason they’re here is for the valuable learning experience, especially because of the uniform excellence of the team they work with, the mentoring offered by experienced developers, and the challenge of being a principal contributor to software products. They say it’s like taking an additional practicum course that complements their university experience.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
· Ability to work an average 16 hour workweek during school session and 40 hour workweek during summer
· JAVA or other object oriented programming language
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Solid knowledge of JAVA
· Advanced programming classes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.