About the Job
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. To support this fast growing business, we are seeking a Finance Manager to support overall business planning, forecasting, as well as content evaluation and strategy.
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional excelling at understanding business inputs and making decisions in ambiguous situations. They will have a track record of innovation, relentlessly high standards, and the ability to work across multiple stakeholders. They will thrive in diving deep to analyze complex business problems, creating measurement and analytical frameworks to better predict content evaluation, and clearly communicating actionable recommendations.
This individual will own the long and short term planning models for the business, working directly with the IMDb TV Business, Finance, and Accounting teams to analyze trends and produce robust financial forecasts. In addition, they will partner with the IMDb TV Content Acquisition teams to analyze and evaluate new and existing content on the service in order to aid in content licensing decisions and long term strategy. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using analytical tools to extract and forecast performance metrics, have the ability to manage tight deadlines, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Own financial planning and forecasting for the IMDb TV business.
- Planning and tracking of overall IMDb TV content budget.
- Partnering with data scientists to develop predictive models on content performance
- Generate monthly insights on the overall health and performance of our content portfolio highlighting areas of performance risks and opportunities vs plan and overall financial insights
- Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams such as Prime Video and Amazon Studios
- Participate in creation of Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), long-term strategy documents and deal approval documents.
- Design new mechanisms to improve visibility into drivers of content performance and efficiency
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or related field
- 5+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS- Experience in digital video, content evaluation, and/or entertainment industries
- MBA or advanced business degree preferred
- Familiarity with financial reporting and data extraction/aggregation software (Cognos/Oracle financial systems/SQL)
- Familiarity with analytical tools, statistics, and modeling methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.