Corporate Counsel, Litigation
About the Job
Amazon’s Legal Department is seeking a smart, experienced, and highly motivated litigator with experience in competition matters to help manage its worldwide portfolio of litigation and regulatory matters and to advise the company on legal and business risk management issues.
Responsibilities include managing and supervising domestic and international disputes and risk areas, including worldwide competition; directly engaging with government officials, including regulators; directing overall case and matter strategy including selecting and managing outside counsel; assessing risk and coordinating with senior leadership on risk management; and providing advice and counsel to internal stakeholders on a broad spectrum of complex and often novel legal issues.
The position is based either in Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA.
Candidates must be willing to travel and work extended hours when necessary.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· At least 8 years of litigation and regulatory experience
· At least 3 years of law firm experience
· J.D. degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Hands-on experience in complex domestic and international business litigation, in particular on antitrust matters, including trial experience and counseling parties and witnesses in a variety of pre-dispute and dispute resolution contexts
· Broad experience advising on domestic and international competition litigation and regulatory issues
· Federal judicial clerkship
· Regulatory experience
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization
· Ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, working independently and often in ambiguous environments
· Sound and practical business judgment and good old-fashioned common sense
· Familiarity with Internet, software, and/or media industries and the legal and regulatory environment in which they operate
· Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and efficiently with paralegals, assistants, other lawyers, and business clients
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
· Experience in crisis management and response
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.