Business Analyst, Sales and Operations Planning
About the Job
We are seeking a candidate to join Global Mile (GM) for the role of Business Analyst, Sales and Operations Planning. Amazon reaches customers around the globe, and is in need of an individual who wants to help build fast cost-effective solutions to deliver packages around the world. GM is disrupting the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to innovate and improve the daily lives of customers.
The GM Exports Network Strategy team is looking for a Business Analyst to join the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) function for Amazon’s cross border B2C shipments. In this highly visible role, this person will help create a best-in-class transportation network for the North American marketplace to deliver packages to international customers by leading initiatives that ensure capacity throughout the supply chain can meet projected demand. This role is essential in designing and implementing forecasting and capacity management improvements that make the exports network more efficient so it can scale with our aggressive growth.
The role will involve understanding the physical and virtual transportation processes from customer order fulfillment to last mile delivery. You will develop business insights and will drive automation in the planning and forecasting functions. You will use your understanding of operational processes, data analysis, and business goals to identify specific opportunities to improve transportation costs, speed, and capacity, through topline and granular forecast improvements.
In this role, you will influence across business functions and manage stakeholders' expectations effectively. This position will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and will work with multiple business and technical teams.
• Prioritize and balance multiple high-level projects and process improvements that seek to improve network capacity and forecast accuracy
• Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements
• Define an analytical approach; review and vet the analytical approach with stakeholders
• Have a working knowledge of the data available or needed by the wider business for more complex or comparative analysis
• Solve ambiguous analyses with less well-defined inputs and outputs; drive to the heart of the problem and identify root causes
• Derive recommendations from analysis that significantly impact a department, create new processes, or change existing processes
• Communicate complex analytical insights and business implications effectively
• Actively manage the timeline and deliverables of projects, focusing on interactions in the team
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years of relevant experience in business/data/statistical analysis
· 3+ years of experience with Excel, Access, SQL, Python, Perl or other scripting languages
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· MBA/MS (Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Distribution, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Business, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics)
· Program/project management experience
· Experience in complex data processing and analyzing, drawing conclusions from data, and building basic models that support business decisions
· Analytical thinking, ability to convert strategy to product and operational capabilities, continuous improvement capability, sensitivity to details, and exceptional organizational skills
· Business writing and communication skills to peers and senior leadership teams
· Interpersonal skills to guarantee cross functional alignments and process implementations
· Comfortable with multiple priorities and able to work independently in an often ambiguous environment
· Proficiency in SQL
· Experience in one or more programming languages (Python, R, MATLAB, Java)
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, s3, AWS Console)
· Past experience in fulfillment operations and systems
· Experience delivering end-to-end operations and technology solutions while working through obstacles that present themselves along the way
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us