Applied Scientist, Grocery Management Science
About the Job
The F3 (Fresh, Food, Fast) organization enables customers to buy fresh groceries, household essentials, and most popular products from Amazon.com. Our business is global and we lead the innovation in ultra-fast grocery delivery and physical stores experience (Just Walk Out technology) to delight customers more than ever before. As our business is rapidly scaling up, we need to continue developing and improving scalable economic and science solutions to support business growth and better customer experience. The current role is focused on product pricing, a key aspect of F3 business that has direct measurable impact on business performance and on earning customer trust as customers see these prices on Amazon website and in stores.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist who can leverage strong knowledge of machine learning and code development skills for improving product pricing in F3. This is an excellent opportunity to work together and learn from a diverse team of super smart ML scientists, economists, SDEs, and product managers. You will own the whole cycle of model development including identifying the right solution, prototyping, validation, experimentation, and integrating models into production systems while working with a dedicated team of SDEs. You will identify new opportunities to apply ML models and communicate your approaches and results to influence your team and stakeholders. You will work with a wide variety of ML (prediction, outlier detection, cluster analysis, NLP/NLU, etc.) and economics (demand estimation, casual inference, time series forecasting, etc.) methods to help F3 scale while delivering large measurable business impact.
Key job responsibilities
· Lead launches of new ML models and new pricing science features globally including science design, code development, and production deployment
· Propose and evaluate solutions via offline benchmark tests and online A/B test experiments in production
· Collaborate with other scientists, product managers, and SDEs to ensure that proposed solutions achieve the desired outcomes
· Keep on expanding and improving science codebase to facilitate its robustness and maintainability
. Publish and present your work at internal and external scientific venues in the fields of ML/Experimentation/Economics
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field
· Strong coding and problem-solving skills in Python or another programming language (e.g., R, Java, Scala, C++)
· Fluency in a data analysis language (e.g., Python, SQL, R) or other statistical software
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, object-oriented design and service-oriented architectures
· Understanding of ML fundamentals (e.g., model development, validation, and implementation) and main models (e.g., regression, classification, clustering)
· Ability to convey Machine Learning concepts to non-experts in writing and verbally
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
· Experience using an object-oriented language to write production-ready code
· Experience with SQL and ETL framework
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.