We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
- Responsible for the review of design, contractor interaction and project tracking of RF and fiber engineering and as-build to support the rollout of subscriber services and provision of quality signal for broadband voice, video, and data services. Review and Quality control f company-wide plant engineering and set-up in a manner that ensures that all company technical requirements and mapping standards are adhered to, thereby creating a cohesive network across the AUSA organization and ensuring customer satisfaction through a high level of operational efficiency.
- Responsible for the engineering, as-build, and quality control of cable plant and system components from the node throughout the distribution network.
- Perform complex engineering review and QC tasks utilizing both manual and various software application methods.
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance of incoming Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data and mapping regarding reports, mapping, object relationships, specifications, and as-build criteria.
- Performs tasks of high complexity relating to various types of surveys, including, but not limited to, those that are institutional, residential, and/or commercial; building entry to demarcation points for network feeds. Compilation of complex footage documentation (construction types), cost analysis for estimation, methods of construction and installation of the broadband network.
- Regular interaction with Field Service departments (installer through plant maintenance), Construction, Billing and Collections, and Sales to insure design accuracy for purposes of scheduled construction and release to installation for customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for analysis of Cost/Mile, equipment and maintenance needs, and construction demands for the Coax and fiber plant.
- Responsible for computation and analysis of fiber architectures to meet Platform of Choice and franchise specifications involving Cable Television System (CATV), Voice, Video, and WiFi technologies for residential and commercial uses. Design and engineering of strategic, transport and business fiber for network development. Day-to-day interaction with the Fiber Group to insure completeness of project release for construction hand-off.
- Interacts with multiple cable system engineering, construction and field service departments regarding aspects of system setup, design, walkout and quality control of these functions. Thorough understanding of field routing; aerial, underground, building attachment and Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) for Cable Television System (CATV), data, and telephony requirements. Attends vendor, contractor, engineering and pre-construction meetings as needed.
- Interacts with hardware and software vendors, electronic vendors, design and construction contractors at various sites to facilitate system completion, company wide.
- Activities associated with system layout, strand mapping, pole attachments, make ready, construction, installation, replacement and rebuild of cable and fiber plant, and assisting the Supervisor in the use of and interpretation of system maps used for design and engineering purposes.
- Assists with public relations with customers, city, county and state officials and utility companies.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience as a Field or Design Technician
- Valid States Driver's License within State of Employment
- The ability to prepare and review, as necessary and appropriate, technical drawings applicable to any planned or existing telecommunications plant. Electronically and manually maintain system prints;
- Possess a high level of competence pertaining to map reading, interpretation, and creation, from a variety of sources; including but not limited to cable systems, utilities, engineering firms, mechanical and architectural, and map vendors.
- Capable of project and design tracking to monitor project progress to schedule. Understanding of schedule dependencies; fiber design, RF design, powering and aerial & underground construction methods.
- Understanding of pre-engineering calculations; cascade and distortion requirements for system specifications. Assist in development of test designs and specifications and the quality control and review of vendor submissions.
- Knowledge of the following products and specification but not limited to: Cable Television System (CATV) Nodes, Line Gear, and passives; Power Supplies; all cable specifications and manufacturers: RG59 to 1125 QR; Fiber cables and technology; WiFi equipment, antenna coverage
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.Requirements of this position include demonstration of either full vaccination status against COVID-19 or company-provided weekly COVID-19 testing.