The Patient Care Technician (PCT) supports the work of the Nursing staff to meet the needs of patients in order to provide safe, efficient, timely and excellent high quality care. Primary duties include taking and recording vital signs, assisting patients with hygiene and elimination, ensuring the safety of the patient, and maintaining a clean and safe unit environment. Assists with stocking unit supplies, operating hospital equipment as directed, performing routine clerical tasks, and assisting with other related duties as assigned. Supports the mission, vision and goals of the organization and meets compliance with regulatory agencies. Demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the hospital plan and goals of the organization.
- Accurately measures and records patient weights and vital signs. Recognizes and reports changes in the patient's condition, takes appropriate action and accurately documents all activities as required. Receives and accurately inventories and secures patient belongings as appropriate
- Assists patient with feeding, hygiene, elimination, routine skin care, comfort measures and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL), in consideration of patient age, gender, culture and stated preferences, maintaining patient privacy and respect at all times. Assumes responsibility for maintaining a clean & safe environment. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Assists with patient care activities as directed by licensed nurse, including specimen collection/transport, turning & positioning, and patient transportation. Performs frequent and hourly rounding to ensure safety and promotes positive patient experience.
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes a proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Successful completion of Patient Care Technician training program at any of PMH facilities within 30-60 days of hire required. Understanding of basic medical terminology. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred. Six (6) months of experience, within the last three (3) years, in a hospital, clinic or in a SNF/Home Health setting as a nurse assistant, care partner, medical assistant or student nurse with one semester in a clinical setting preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: AHA Basic Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance