Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a talented and innovative Lawyer up to 4 years of relevant experience to join our European Legal team. The position is based in Waldbronn, Germany or at our European Hub in Barcelona, Spain. If you are interested to practice as a German or Swiss lawyer in an highly international environment out of Spain, this job offers a unique opportunity.
You would support some of our business units and administrative functions in Germany, Austria and Switzerland to resolve or prevent problems or disputes and to protect Agilent assets, technology and management. In addition, you would be responsible for basic legal support in other European countries. All these tasks would be performed in close collaboration with your European Legal team colleagues. You may work with US and International colleagues in a variety of projects including setting-up and maintaining internal databases, trainings and improvements to document templates. You would develop, review and draft customized contract solutions and represent Agilent in contract negotiations, and other legal matters relating to suppliers, customers and partners. You would coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel. Your responsibilities would be the one of a legal generalist, which means that you should be interested in corporate matters, legal compliance, employment and medical law as well as IT-Law and data protection matters.
You would be reporting to the DACH Counsel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall legal support for different Business Units and Administrative Functions in Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Pro-active prevention and management of problems or disputes;
- Review, drafting and negotiation of partner, supplier and customer contracts;
- Regular assessment of the company's compliance with existing law and effect of new laws on practices and policies effective in the company;
- Identifying areas of legal risk;
- Creation of a legal tools and solutions uniquely suited to the current business situation of Agilent;
- Legal training of employees and managers on various legal topics, and corporate policies and practices.