$5000 sign on bonus for external hires
- Patient-Centered Wholistic Care – The registered nurse is culturally sensitive and engaged with the beliefs and values of diverse populations. Nurses engage with inter-professional colleagues to deliver exemplary care. Lifelong relationships with patients and families develop to support achievement of health goals.
- Clinical Excellence: The registered nurse contributes to inter-professional excellence which is represented by achieved clinical outcomes. Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, and skilled dialogue, nurses lead efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience.
- Leadership –The registered nurse participates in leading healthcare transformation and the nursing profession with commitment, dedication, and expertise. Expressing vision, demonstrating accountability through shared governance, contributing to the profession, and coordinating inter-professional care are all characteristics of the registered nurse.
- Compassion – The Advocate Nurse demonstrates presence with patients and families, practices empathy, and supports spiritual needs and beliefs. The nurse demonstrates respect and dignity always, and their presence is essential during the most vulnerable times. Nurses promote relationship development with communities to create strong partnerships and to improve health outcomes of patients and communities served.
- Innovation - The registered nurse contributes to the future delivery of care to patients and to systems that support nursing. They embody the characteristics of inquiry, adaptability, change, and continual development, through performance improvement, evidence-based practice, and research initiatives.
- Professional Growth – The registered nurse is committed to lifelong learning, building knowledge and skill sets to keep pace with new delivery models and a changing healthcare environment. This promotes practice to the full scope of their nursing license.
- Nurse, Registered (RN)
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- See Education and Experience Addendum for site specific requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Certifications/education required for the nursing specialty - See Certification Addendum
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts to accommodate staffing
- Certain positions may need to take call
- Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
- Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 04/20/2014
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Education Addendum: ALL SITES
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN Preferred CERTIFICATION
- CPR-Healthcare Provider
- ACLS and/or PALS: - Immediate Care
- ACLS and PALS - Ambulatory Surgical Center: Within 1 year
- ACLS - Endoscopy: Within 1 year - Cardiology Stress Testing
- Oncology: Chemotherapy/Biotherapy: as required by the Site
- OCN preferred or obtained when OCN requirements met
- Registered Nurse: 2 years’ experience preferred
- Ambulatory Surgery Center: 1-year critical care or surgical experience
- Cardiology: 1 year experience in cardiology preferred
- Contact Center: 2 years' experience in acute or ambulatory care
- Endoscopy: 1 year experience telemetry or PACU preferred
- Immediate Care: 1 year experience in critical care or ED preferred
- Occupational Health: 1 to 2 years occupational health experience or new graduate with prior occupational health or related experience
- Oncology: 1 year experience in oncology preferred
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.