Clinical Data Abstractor
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Clinical Data Abstractor who:
Maintains responsibility for collecting, analyzing and reporting clinical elements on eligible cases, as required for participation in all regulatory or quality initiatives or programs. Manages case load and reports data to quality initiative programs according to established standards and deadlines.
- Reads and interprets various components of the medical record, such as pathology reports, radiology x-rays and scan reports, physical findings and all treatment modalities, and uses the information to correctly abstract patient cases. Enters data into various registries and performs monthly reconciliation and quarterly data submission to external organizations.
- Maintains components data collection system consistent with all regulatory and organization procedural policies. Maintains audit and quality assurance processes for case findings, abstracting and coding, follow-up and data processing procedures.
- Participates in Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) preparation and survey process.
- Communicates abstracted findings, including potential risks and ideas for improvement to senior management, as assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Health Information Management (HIM) certificate: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required