Food Service Associate, Nutrition Services, Variable Shift, Full Time
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Food Service Associate who:
Operates the restaurant point of sale system as the cashier, stocks restaurant supplies, ensures proper set up, cleans and stocks food inventories, maintains cleanliness of public areas, maintains and delivers customer needs and service.
- Receives, prepares, and delivers customer orders in efficient manner. Performs a variety of simple and routine tasks related to the preparation and serving of food; cleans kitchen area and cooking utensils.
- Operates cash register and stocks restaurant supplies when needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in work area and promptly reports needed maintenance or repair of equipment. Maintains the cleaning and temperature log. Cleans the kitchen areas and cooking utensils. Operates dish washing, peeling and other mechanical equipment.
- Sets up and serves patient trays. Carries dishes and foods between kitchen and serving lines. Transports and stores supplies. Washes and cuts vegetables and fruits.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- ServSafe certification or equivalent: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.