Endoscopy Technician, GI Lab, Days, Per Diem
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Endoscopy Technician who:
Works in the gastroenterology (GI) lab, under the direction of registered nurses. Assists gastroenterologists with various GI procedures and related work, as required. Responsible for the care of adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates and practices competencies related to endoscopic procedures, which include proper disinfection, care and handling of endoscopes. Assists physicians with procedures, endoscopy room set-up and cleaning, specimen collection and supervision of sterilization processes. Maintains quality control of each sterilization and terminal cleaning process, which includes biological monitoring.
- Understands and practices principles of universal precautions and hazardous materials management to process equipment and supplies through stages of decontamination. Cleans, tests, processes and stores endoscopes and other clinical equipment, according to established policies and procedures. Demonstrates competence and understanding when scope washing, disinfecting, storing, quality testing and documenting. Demonstrates proper techniques when using ultrasonic washers, changing solutions and quality testing.
- Transports patients between departments. Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to provide direct care to endoscopy patients, while collaborating with registered nurses. Displays a positive attitude within the nursing department and across the division to contribute to the organization's customer service program.
- Inventories supplies and communicates inventory needs to inventory clerks.
- Collects data for performance improvement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in Gastroenterology (GI) Lab/Operating Room: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required