Student Nurse - Full Time, 12hr Shift, Days & Nights available - MedSurg & Telemetry
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Student, Nursing who:
Assists with an assigned group of patients, within a patient care unit. Provides personal nursing care to the patient under the direction of a licensed registered nurse (RN). Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living including self-care needs. Performs routine assigned tasks and reports patients' status and concerns to the RN.
- Collects data and assigns care of patients of different age groups, using age related interventions. Reports abnormal behaviors to the Registered Nurse (RN), so that interventions may be implemented in a timely manner. Utilizes effective communication strategies. Performs tasks as assigned/required for student nurses.
- Performs tasks associated with technical skills including, pyloric, jejunostomy, gastrostomy tube feedings, warm and cold therapies and finger stick capillary blood testing. Takes vital signs including, pulse and blood pressure.
- Helps patients with their basic needs, i.e., bathing, dressing and feeding.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in an acute or long-term care hospital, or completion of one semester of Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) training: Required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred