Sr. Pharmacy Technician- FT, 8hrs, Days
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Sr. Pharmacy Technician who:
Responsible for medication preparation, dispensing, restocking, delivery, etc. in a specialty area applying specialized knowledge and skills. Fills the unit dose cassettes from the patients profile on a daily basis. Delivers the cassettes to the nursing units. Serves as a primary training resource for new technicians and assists in evaluating their progress as directed. Assists in preparing schedules and setting work priorities.
- Processes prescriber medication orders under a pharmacist's supervision and in compliance with department policy. Fills medicine requests accurately including cassette fills and floor stock. Delivers cassettes to respective nursing stations. Provides basic troubleshooting phone calls. Answers telephone calls and handles inquiry into some phases of unit dose procedure.
- Maintains floor stock of nursing areas and other medications which includes checking for accuracy, timely restocking, removing expired medications and rotating stock. Prices and stocks incoming deliveries. Notifies Pharmacists of out of stock medications and appropriately updates the out of stock board. Restocks returned medications from nursing units/medication areas.
- Prepares IV medication products within the guidelines of applicable laws and regulations.
- Checks in orders from wholesaler and suppliers. Distributes appropriately the stock and file paperwork; processes returns and back orders in a timely manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associates / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- One years pharmacy technical experience: Preferred
- Pharmaceutical Technician Board certification: Required