Registered Nurse (RN), Care Manager, Full Time, Evening Shift, Care Management
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Since our founding in 1905 as the Glendale Sanitarium, countless patients have entrusted our physicians, nurses and associates with their healthcare needs. Today, we are the largest medical center serving the San Fernando Valley. As we continue to grow and evolve to better meet the needs of the communities we serve, we know that exceptional healthcare is more than medicine. It’s about how we choose to care for our patients and each other – taking time to listen, to understand, to answer questions, to hold a hand, even to pray. This is who we are, who we have always been – it is what we do best.
In the 2019-20 Regional Rankings List by U.S. News & World Report, Adventist Health Glendale (AHGL) ranked #17 in California and #10 in the LA Metro Area. Adventist Health Glendale also received its 11th consecutive A grade from patient safety organization The Leapfrog Group, the only hospital in Glendale or Burbank to receive the top grade.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Care Manager who:
Provides excellent patient care by assisting in the collaboration, development, implementation, revision and reporting of the case management program. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family, nurse, physicians, multidisciplinary team and patient's healthcare benefactor to optimize outcomes. Serves as a consultant to the healthcare team on specific patient items. Coordinates a continuum of care for a defined population of patients from pre-admission through post discharge. Assures that patients and families proceed efficiently through the course of hospitalization.
- Leads the coordination of patient care with other disciplines within the care team, monitoring the appropriateness and timeliness of care.
- Ensures the interdisciplinary care plan is consistent with the patient's clinical course, continuing care needs and covered services by monitoring diagnostic testing, treatments and procedures, and other aspects of patient care as appropriate for acute care.
- Discusses with physicians, the appropriateness of resource utilization, consultations, treatment plan, estimated length of stay, and discharge plan. Focuses on complex patients, frequent emergency department utilizers, chronic pain patients, and substance abuse.
- Coordinates the transfer of patients to tertiary centers, including the transfer of patient information required for continuity of ongoing treatment and services.
- Provides oversight and collects data required for regulatory and accreditation compliance. Manages frequent emergency department visitors by conducting a focus study review of the previous and current admissions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Experience in a care management role: Preferred
- Case management certification: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice: Required