Medical Assistant - Full Time, Days, 8hrs - Spine Institute
About the Job
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical Assistant who:
Assists in planning, providing, and evaluating nursing care for patients and in coordinating nursing care activities with other health care disciplines under the guidance of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed vocational nurse (LVN). Works as a team with other staff members to achieve patient care objectives. Identifies and seeks solutions for any clinical problems and reports them to the affected department.
- Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers.
- Assists the physician with office procedures: preparing instruments needed for suturing, providing equipment and solutions for biopsies, providing supplies needed for splinting, etc.
- Obtains vital signs, and reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician. Performs venipunctures as ordered.
- Performs audiometry and vision testing.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
- Medical Assistant (CMA) certification: Preferred