All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time (2 Shifts Available)
Shift: Evening Shift 2:00p -11:00p & Night Shift 11:00p-7:00a
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician position is for a Sterile Processing Technician with CRCST or CBSPD certification. Under supervision of the SPD Supervisor / Manager or Educator, the Certified Sterile Processing Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and / or sterilized instrument trays and equipment to the OR and other departments in the hospital. All steps in the reprocessing cycle will be strictly driven by the manufacture instructions for use. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list in Censitrac. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment in accordance to manufacture guidelines, can troubleshoot minor issues
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes, and management of supplies and equipment.
- Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Central Service based upon manufacturer’ instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operates all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are always adhered to.
- Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer tracking system or paper instrument count sheet.
- Selects appropriate materials and sterilization packaging for each instrument set. Aware of aseptic technique and proper wrapping of instrument trays to allow the end user to open product in an aseptic manner and produces a compact, logically arranged package which is within the proper weight limits appropriate for assured sterilization.
- Ensures appropriate sterility indicators and lot stickers are present on all instrument sets and packages.
- Operates complex sterilization equipment, selects the correct method of sterilization based upon manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU).
he expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Certification through HSPA (Healthcare Sterile Processing Association) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution)
- Experience in the sterile processing environment or graduate of a surgical technology program or military training program.
- Understanding of the principles of microbiology, aseptic principles and techniques, and infection control as they apply to sterile supply operation.
- Basic knowledge of prevention of cross contamination and the critical nature of nosocomial infections.
- Knowledge of the use, operation, maintenance, assembly, disassembly and cleaning requirements of the full range of instruments and equipment.
- Ability and experience with computer systems
- High school diploma or equivalent