Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical)
About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
Franklin, MA / Chemical Analysis
How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate will be responsible for smooth transition of the product from the design phase into manufacturing. This position in R&D will work closely with design engineering bringing the voice of manufacturing and service to product development ensuring that the product is developed with manufacturability and serviceability guidelines in mind. The individual will act as a liaison between design engineering, service and manufacturing to ensure that all partner requirements are met.
What will you do?
- Execute new product introduction guidelines to facilitate a smooth transition to full scale manufacturing
- Participate in the analysis of customer requirements and development of system design parameters to meet those requirements.
- Apply DFx methods into new product designs. Work with design engineering to implement DFx practices early in the design process and promote a concurrent engineering approach throughout the organization.
- Participate in early-stage product development of design and validation requirements, communicating expectations and ensuring the successful bringing together of manufacturing, procurement, quality, and service
- Utilize PFMEA, SPC, RCCA and other tools to measure and improve quality, yield and cost
- Work cross functionally to set initial build plans, drive material readiness with supply chain and evaluate constraints.
- Assemble and drive closure of technical, process and supplier related issues that impact the NPI process during the pre-pilot and pilot stages to ensure high quality, full scale production readiness
- Collaborate with Manufacturing to define product assembly and process design. Specify manufacturing equipment, tooling and test processes as the need arises.
- Incorporate lessons learned from product rollouts to provide recommendations for future designs and processes
- Define validation plans for product component changes and improvements
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Three (3) years of related manufacturing experience
- Experience in lean manufacturing principles including DFx, FMEA, & SPC
- Ability to show prior experience in process development, sustaining engineering, successful new product launches
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple departments to drive high quality execution towards business goals
- Ability to prioritize key results while meeting overall goals
- Master’s degree
- Two (2) years of design engineering experience
- Six Sigma training
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.