Development Director (Live Ops)
About the Job
As a Development Director you will drive to quality targets and own schedules for your teams. This is achieved by working closely with various departments to identify needs, utilizing resources efficiently and appropriately. The role of Development Director requires candidates to be excellent and persuasive communicators, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally managing to pro-active planning. Development Director candidates must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment and be adept at driving quality in line with team, schedule, and budget.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build, support, and manage post-launch content pipeline.
- Lead teams during development to establish needs, allocate resources, and then maintain contact throughout project to ensure that those aspects of development are progressing appropriately for a high priority AAA title.
- Develop and implement a method for effectively tracking project status for their teams.
- Be an active participant in reviews, with particular regard to schedule / milestones.
- When required, act as liaison between internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth and effective communication.
- 5-8 years of experience as a producer in games.
- 2-3 years of experience managing a live game title including post-launch content.
- Multiple shipped titles in leadership positions.
- Experience with direct people management.
- Strong project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
- Solid grasp of project management software (e.g. JIRA, Microsoft Project, Confluence, Hansoft, etc.).
- Education, certification in project management, business, general management.
- Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially FPS games.
- Demonstrated knowledge of live games ecosystem and its major competitors.