Role: Domestic Bursar
Salary: £19,600 per annum pro-rata
Contract/Hours: Permanent Part-time 20 hours a week.
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days (pro-rata) PLUS public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our careers portal.
Closing date: Midnight on 29th September 2022 - We may stop taking applications earlier than advertised, due to the volume of applications we receive.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard, and campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
About the role:
Bradbury House provides quality short breaks for childrenwithdisabilities aged 0 – 17 years old. We aim to provide a secure, nurturing and fun environment in which youngpeoplefeel safe, can discover their value and worth as individuals and gain a sense of their own self. This is achieved by focusing on the needs of youngpeoplewith a flexible approach to all aspects of care.
As a Domestic Bursar you'll be responsible for managing the catering and cleaning at Bradbury House, including managing a current team.
How will you make a difference?
- By being responsible for catering and cleaning on a daily basis.
- By being responsible for checking food standards and cleaning standards and ensuring staff meet all legislative requirements.
- By maintaining our current Level 5 Food Hygiene rating.
- By maintaining the quality of cleanliness in the kitchens and the home as a whole.
- By ensuring all relevant staff are supervised, trained and have current certificates to meet required legislation.
- By attending meetings and liaising with inspectors (both internal and external).
- By ordering all equipment, food and cleaning products ensuring good stock rotation and levels.
What will you need?
- Valid Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate (or willingness to undertake).
- Valid food allergens certificate.
- Experience within the catering field.
- Good organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Knowledge of legislation.
Working here is so much more than a job. Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we'd love to hear from you.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. A diverse workforce enriches the lives of the children and young people we work with and we welcome applications from everyone. We value and celebrate our differences and as an inclusive workplace we want everyone to be themselves.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
We can't wait to hear from you – stay safe and happy.
Application Process: There are 5 sections for you to complete, Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration. Top Tip... Refer to the job description when writing your Supporting Statement.
Talent Pool: We'd like to hold your details in case similar jobs come up but do let us know if you'd rather we didn't.
Contact: Elicia Simmons via email at elicia.simmons@actionforchildren..org.uk who will be happy to support with your application.