About This Role
This role is designed to help drive efficiencies with the contracting process. The Contracts Coordinator will interact and collaborate with multiple Ace business functions including Legal, Indirect Procurement, Risk Management, IT, Finance, Retail Operations, Human Resources, Marketing and other business teams, to help ensure alignment with company goals and objectives related to contract review and negotiation. The Contracts Coordinator must practice proactive project management, drive collaboration, and be a positive cross-functional team member. The Contracts Coordinator will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Support the in-house counsel with the contracts review process including scheduling cross-functional meetings, providing updates to business clients and following-up on action items.
- Follow existing contract workflows and processes, focusing on efficiency, scale, and operational excellence and make recommendations for continuous contract process improvements.
- Conduct interviews with business client to determine details regarding contract review request.
- Use knowledge of contract language, content and structure to recommend the appropriate contract template to be used.
- Directly interface with business clients and in-house counsel to help them effectively manage the contract review process.
- Serve as a point of contact for questions regarding the status of a contract within the legal department.
- Use Company’s contract management system (Ariba).
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Paralegal certification or equivalent work experience
- Possesses superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and inconsistencies
- Excellent reading and language comprehension
- Ability to work with a team and at various levels of the organization
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- General knowledge of legal requirements related to contractual agreements
- Ability to operate under pressure in a highly complex, fast paced environment
- Previous experience in project management, legal operations or coordinating large projects is desirable
From the start of your Ace Hardware career, you’ll appreciate why we’re known as “The Helpful Place.” Helpful means living the Ace values: winning, excellence, love, integrity, gratitude, humility, and teamwork. Helpful is the key to our success and is ingrained in everything we do. We are stronger together and work as ONE to be the helpful place across our communities, retail stores, retail support centers and corporate offices. Join us and share our passion for making a positive impact on every customer we touch.
At Ace Hardware, we support our retailers and the community at large. We believe our teams are our most important assets and offer work-life balance, promotion from within, and such competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, generous 401(k) contributions, great vacation allocation, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement. If you’re looking for an employer that wants to help you live your best life, apply with Ace today.
$53100 - $66500 per year
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don’t often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life’s necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability – up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It’s a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities – and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That’s why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual’s education, training and experience, the position’s work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written “Position Description” is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.