About the Job
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking to recruit an experienced Account Manager for Singapore. The individual will be responsible for driving growth in assigned accounts and genetic analysis portfolio in Singapore.
The successful candidate is responsible to achieve the financial goals by managing and developing the business within the assigned key accounts/ territories. With strong selling, negotiation and relationship building skills, the candidate will work with internal support teams to achieve customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term account goals in line with company business strategy. The individual should demonstrate a working knowledge on genetic analysis solutions. Experience with one or more portfolio among Quantitative PCR, Sanger sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing and Microarray products in general laboratory practice is highly desirable.
This individual will participate in and utilize product and systems training, marketing campaigns, and special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures.
- Consistently achieve or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly & yearly sales goals/quotas within assigned expense guidelines and territory.
- Familiar with Singapore life science academic, applied and clinical market and competition landscape
- Responsible for accurate monthly and quarterly forecast reporting for accounts in charge; able to report weekly highlights and project progress to management
- Own and manage territory accounts with clear key account strategies and facilitate C-level discussions with customer’s management team.
- Maintain and nurture existing customer relationships by focusing on reagent attachment and overall incremental revenue.
- Understand key customers’ applications needs and able to recommend right solutions from Thermo Fisher Scientific to customers. Able to establish new opportunities by developing and delivering proposals to customers by illustrating Thermo Fisher’s value proposition
- Prospect and develop relationships with new customers by working with regional Technical Sales Specialist and Business Development Manager teams
- Utilizes data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI
- Develop and grow current customer database through Company customer relationship management tool SalesForce CRM as record for sales activities- able to update opportunities, quote, accounts, contacts, leads, proposals, and actions in the system.
- Communicates key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer direction within the organization.
- Using Professional Selling Skills (PSS) and other techniques as a framework, the individual will maximize sales and strategic selling effectiveness.
- Maintain intensity, persistence and continually strive to increase market share even in challenging market environment
- Build and sustain relationships with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Work with product specialists to develop and continually improve product knowledge, arrive at most favored pricing, and improve account profitability
- Good time management with prioritizing tasks among the busy schedule
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry or any Science related disciplines.
- Experience with one or more portfolio among Quantitative PCR, Sanger sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing and Microarray products in general laboratory practice is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant sales experience with good knowledge of science industry segments such as LifeScience, Industrial, Healthcare and Diagnostics.
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Higher salesmanship and strong ownership for customer account is required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good analytical and business planning skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills to many diverse customers and influencers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all customer at all levels in complex organization structure.
- Positive attitude and desire to succeed, with flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment and functioning effectively in a heavily matrixed and high-performance team.
- Good team player while able to work independently and be self motivated.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required.