About the Job
Discovering the World- One Member at a Time!
A love of travel attracts many people to the field, but to succeed a Travel Agent must be passionate about travel and the endless opportunities it brings to bridge history, cultures and cuisine. Successful Travel Agents must have a strong sales drive, organizational skills with an eye for detail, ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment, demonstrated proficiency in navigating computers and various programs; must possess good written and oral communication skills and the ability and interest to be in a continuous learning curve.
What does a AAA Travel Agent do?
• Sells international and domestic travel packages including cruises, land packages, travel itineraries, air, car, and hotel
• Shares knowledge and expertise from personal experiences and/or education study trips
• Develops long standing relationships with our members and builds referral and repeat business
• Makes appropriate recommendations to ensure the trip experience is more than expected and tailored to the members expectations
• Cross sells relevant products to enhance the trip experience such as AAA Member Rewards Credit Card and identify theft referrals
For the right individual this opportunity will be a career path for future leadership opportunities. As you progress you will be evaluated to determine proficiencies in sales, customer service, administrative, operations, up-selling, cross-selling and meeting goals. Successful completion of evaluations may result in continued growth opportunities to expand into leadership as a manager.
• We offer extensive training to aid you in your career development through The Auto Club University
• Regular recognition through various company programs and incentives for trips, cash and prizes
• Company sponsored IATAN cards, providing exclusive travel agent discounts
• Love to travel? Personal travel opportunities at discounted pricing
• Corporate benefits for insurance products
• Paid educational study trips are available for our Agents to promote career development
• Quarterly incentives/bonuses for achieving established production tiers
Required / Preferred Skills
• A high school diploma is required, but we prefer a 2 or 4 year college degree
• You need to be able to pass comprehensive criminal background check and thorough urine sample drug screening
• We prefer candidates with at least 2 years of successful retail sales or banking experience or a leisure travel agency background within a goal orientated environment
Qualifications, does this sound like you?
• Travel is not just a hobby or a wish, it’s your passion
• You must be available to work most Saturdays and some evenings to support goal achievement
• We prepare all of our Travel Agent Trainees for their new role by ensuring their successful completion of our Travel Agents Trainee program which requires some travel for training
• You are driven by sales and exceeding your goals
• You are computer savvy with the ability to navigate between multiple systems and web browsers, Microsoft Office, and can type at least 30WPM
• You have a strong and very comfortable relationship with paperwork and you are very organized!
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
"Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer