Senior Lead Software Engineer - ClubLabs
About the Job
ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The right candidate for the Software Engineer Lead position must have a solid understanding of and experience in the implementation of the basic elements and protocols of software engineering/programming while working with others, building an agile team, leading changes, understanding what to build, and planning ahead.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years experience in an applicable software development environment leading teams.
- Ability to lead multiple teams of 5-8 team members
- Have hands on experience implementing and coding the solutions.
- Should be able to drive technology vision for the application in alignment with business vision.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented principles, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Assist team members in areas of: manual testing, test automation, continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Can work as a full stack engineer for all the components involved from front end to backend.
- Solid understanding of service oriented architecture, and familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to web apps, android app, iOS app. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Uses software development best practices for design and coding. Continuously improve the code quality, maintainability and readability.
- Ability to focus on and solve problems, with a willingness to ask for help when needed.
- Create strong working relationships with inter department teams and partners to deliver the best solutions possible.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives)
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
"Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer