NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital – Brooklyn, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a X-Ray Technologist (Per-Diem) - Brooklyn.
In this role, the successful candidate Operate radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic films as directed by physicians. Perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established policies and procedures.
- Takes quality x-ray images of specified body areas/parts as ordered by the physician, following established procedures and guidelines.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in resolving issues that are encountered in the Department. Has good knowledge of PACS, CR Readers and their operation.
- Keeps the Radiology Department neat, clean and properly stocked with the necessary supplies for the days work.
- Performs all documentation duties as required by the Department.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner always keeping the patients welfare the priority.Performs all documentation duties as required by the Department.
- Completes tasks within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ensures the patient's comfort and dignity during the procedure e.g. use of pillows, table pad, sheets, blankets etc.
- Performs x-ray exams in other areas of the hospital with portable equipment using proper positioning and technical factors to produce a diagnostic radiograph.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient by setting up the exam room properly for the procedure
- Accepts direction from supervisor willingly
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Performs examinations in an organized manner and logical sequence. Uses correct side markers and places initials on film.
- Demonstrates the proper use of lead shields to protect gonads and unaffected parts of the body from exposure to radiation.
- Identifies his/her role to the patient. Explains procedure to the patient and answers questions relating to the procedure.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent required
Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
2-5+ years preferred. Must be competent in all basic radiological exams. Willingness to devote the time required completing assigned tasks on schedule.
New York State License required. ARRT required.
Temporary permit to practice Diagnostic Radiography issued by New York State Department of Health is acceptable for 180 days only. ARRT credentialed License will be required after the 180 have passed..
Required Licenses: Radiologic Tech - Temp Permit, Radiography - R.T. (R)(ARRT), Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.