This position provides non-emergent, acute care clinical services to individuals along the pediatric to geriatric spectrum.This position requires competency with common office-based procedures such as laceration repairs, incision and drainage of abscess and basic fracture care. An occupational medicine component exists where care is provided to the post-accident injured worker. The employee will supervise mid-level practitioners within the group.The U.C. Physician is responsible for implementing organizational initiatives and fostering a collaborative environment for patient care among colleagues throughout the organization and within the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Ability to function effectively in an integrated delivery system.
2. Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulatory rules;
3. Capable of operating business units in conformance with good quality and business practices as may be outlined by agencies such as The Joint Commission, NCQA, MGMA, etc.
4. Effective leadership skills (and leading by example);
5. Ability to obtain results with minimal disruption while involving a variety of internal and external groups.
6. Ability to work independently.
This position does provide patient care.