Unit Support Assoc - PD
About the Job
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Unit Support Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate Cleans and maintains a safe environment in assigned area and assists with activities necessary for effective functioning of the unit or department.
- Transports patients, supplies, laboratory specimens, blood, and other items as directed.
- Performs a variety of cleaning duties necessary to the orderly functioning of the respective unit or department. Cleans all equipment related to the unit or department. Responsible for garbage and trash disposal.
- Maintains patient safety. Responds to patient, family, and visitor needs in a timely fashion.
- Maintains inventory of unit or department supplies in alignment with par levels. Stocks and distributes supplies, instruments, and linens as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or GED. Excellent communication (both oral and written), interpersonal, and customer service skills.
1 - 2 years In a Hospital setting. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.