Job Title: Training Specialist - Customer Service
Requisition ID: 202562BR
When you are a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location: UK - Loughborough - Bishop Meadow Road (Hybrid - 3 days in office)
How will you make an impact?
The Training Specialist will provide training and coaching as needed to improve the general skill set of the team as well as providing fundamental management training for leads and supervisors. Along with the management team they will monitor agent coaching programs and feedback practices to ensure that agents are providing excellent customer service and are adhering to the policies and procedures of the customer service team.
This position will serve as a consultative resource by presenting performance/process recommendations to management and collaborate with the customer service operations to provide and monitor solutions to problems detected in review and trending of agent performance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced classroom trainer who is looking for a challenge and would like to step into a more dynamic role where they can take ownership of training material, delivery and support the roll out across a global organisation.
Travel is required up to 25% in and outside of the UK
What will you do?
- Training will focus primarily on customer service skills including systems, procedures, and improving customer allegiance.
- Responsible for course development and maintenance, the availability of appropriate materials and equipment
- Trains employees regarding customer service policies and procedures, basic job skills and client-contract specific requirements, and customer service systems. Conduct various training sessions to meet facility needs (e.g. on-the-job, customer service, systems enhancements, refresher, technical, retention programs, policy and procedures changes, etc.).
- Develops curriculum and deliver classroom training on all aspects of processes, including soft skills and technical skills.
- Organizes and prepare all necessary training materials. Plan and coordinate training sessions in local call centre sites.
- Coaches and evaluates new hires while in training and counsels when necessary to address areas of improvement.
- Conduct needs assessment and analyses findings in order to identify training and employee development needs, with moderate supervision and on an ongoing basis.
- Creates reports including management summaries and status reports on training issues and initiatives.
How will you get here?
- Significant experience as a classroom trainer ideally for ERP or distribution systems
- Experienced creating and maintaining training material is essential (this is a very dynamic role where processes are updated and changed regularly)
- Some experience or exposure to e-learning tools (proven experience with e-learning tools would be highly advantageous)
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to be able to coach employees, relate well to different levels of the organization and customers, work effectively as part of a team, and handle conflict effectively.
- Must possess the analytical skills and be detailed oriented to create meaningful and effective programs, calculate and summarize results of needs analysis.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills to write and deliver training and develop action plans.
- Must possess good presentational skills to maintain participant’s interest and achieve learning objectives.
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple demands.
- Must be able to work independently and yet contribute and relate well to a team.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- All candidates must be able to speak and write English fluently in order to work across a European organization
- Must be able to travel up to 25% in and outside of the UK
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English.
Apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/Reference: 202562BR, please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 100,000+ colleagues delivers an unrivalled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.