Technical Delivery Manager
Technical Delivery Manager
Liverpool (Hybrid working)
Excellent Salary + Benefits
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. We have a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Technical Delivery Manager to join Yodel's award-winning IT team based in Liverpool city centre. You will be responsible for the Technical Delivery of all elements from Solution Design through to implementation. This is an ideal role for a Technical Delivery Manager that has the technical understanding of how an IT department works and has delivered varied IT projects.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of a team of 6 Technical Delivery Managers and will be reporting into the Head of Technical Delivery. You will have full budget responsibility for your projects and will need to communicate complex technical subjects to stakeholders from different backgrounds and business areas. You will need to coordinate with the Project team members to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear milestones and goals. In addition, you will take responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation, delivery and satisfactory completion of projects with agreed costs and times frames. This will require matrix management of a multi-disciplinary team. You will also be accountable for the following:
• Act as primary escalation point and identify, assess, own and manage risks, issues and dependencies to ensure the success of the project and take prompt action to resolve and manage the resolution of Project related issues as necessary.
• Manage the change control procedure, collaborating across IT to ensure that Service Readiness activity is complete on time and to the requisite quality to ensure successful approval through the IT Change Management process.
• Comfortable building relationships senior stakeholders, including CIO and Directors and able to coherently articulate relevant Project updates/issues at that level.
• Lead project meetings, including kick-off, status updates, and other project stage/gate meetings in a structured and professional manner capturing actions that are managed through to timely completion.
What you need to show us
You will need to have extensive IT experience in a delivery orientated role managing large or complex data integration projects. You will have successfully delivered various technical projects such as Change Management, Release Management, Systems integration, and systems development life cycle methodologies including quality assurance and testing. You will possess the following skills and experience:
• Familiarity with ITIL principles, particularly Service Design & Transition and Change Management.
• Organised with a combination of technical depth, excellent written/verbal communication, project management, and Stakeholder/Customer management skills.
• Self-sufficient in problem solving and knowledge acquisition from resources throughout the organisation.
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written & verbal).
• Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to anticipate potential issues and build contingency plans.
• Strong history and track record of completing quality projects on time with a demonstrable ability to manage multiple workloads and deadlines with perseverance and professionalism.
• Expert Project Management skills including, estimating, scope management, budget management, time management, risk management, change management, issue/conflict resolution, communication management, quality management, testing plans, training plans, team management.
Why work with us
This is a fantastic role for Technical Delivery Managers that are looking for a challenge in their next role and enjoy working within an innovative organisation. The successful candidates will receive the following great benefits:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Private Medical Insurance for self and partner
- Business casual dress code
- Free personal & professional development courses
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance with pension
- Discounted city centre parking
- Up to 25% discount on Very.co.uk
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Discounted hotel stays, gym memberships and Virgin Media discounts
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24-hour employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock.