Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. Our local designs include Little Island, 2nd Avenue Subway, and the Fulton Center. Arup is aligned with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and we are focused on Shaping a Better World.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist / Recruiter at Arup, you will have a direct impact on the business by delivering top talent to the firm. You will be empowered to own your markets and provide subject matter expertise in the areas of sourcing and hiring experienced professionals across the entire recruitment life cycle. You will also have an opportunity to participate in ad hoc projects and assignments focused on carrying out the overall People Strategy for the Americas Region. This role can be based out of our New York City or Edison, NJ office locations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategically partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and create recruiting plans
- Identify, attract, and acquire high-quality candidates by direct sourcing and using talent networks
- Provide creative staffing solutions that contribute to the long-range growth of the company
- Attend industry events to represent Arup and develop a strong network in the A/E/C industry.
- Strategically source talent and build a pipeline
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records concerning all phases of the recruitment
- process while following EEO and OFCCP federal regulations
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 4 years of staffing and selection/recruiting experience is required.
- Experience in recruiting for engineers in the built environment (A/E/C industry) is preferred
- Proven experience in attracting high-quality talent, building rapport, presenting, and communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize while managing an average of 20 - 25 requisitions across multiple markets and multiple subject areas.
- Strong business savvy and relationship management skills from supervisor to executive levels.
- Experience crafting sourcing plans and tools, including proactive phone and internet research; Social sourcing expertise including the use of LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Must possess an ability to think positively, work with ambiguity and be willing to change and adapt based on client needs.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems is required; experience with Taleo a plus.
- Strong proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Recruiting certifications preferable (AIRS, LinkedIn Recruiting Expert, etc.)
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all people regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.