About the Job
Location: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, United Kingdom, France or Spain - Remote
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer and COVID-19, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Global Services is the CoE based part of the Immuno Diagnostics Division Service Organization (IDD Service) and with responsibility to support the whole IDD Service on:
- Case support for escalated and incoming issues in the field to successfully solve them and support Customer First.
- Communicate changes/releases of hardware, software, new products, processes, tools and supporting documents (i.e. Service Bulletins) from CoE to IDD Service.
- Drive Design for Serviceability.
- Communicate and support the IDD Service needs/requests to CoE functions.
- Train the IDD Service personnel (application specialists (AS) and field service engineers (FSE)) on instruments, software and tools.
What will you do?
- Expert / auditor / investigator role for general support system issues (SYS).
- Provide excellent and quick support on the incoming issues (SYS).
- Dispatching incoming issues to the team.
- Provide also information how to avoid that the problems come back, root cause.
- Provide direct support for complex questions from Customer.
- On-site and customer visits when needed.
- Secure that proposals for development of tools to conduct investigations internally and on the field is reported and requested (create CR).
- Creating, publishing and conveying information through Service Bulletins which are of supportive character (reactive information).
- Contribute to the development of tools to conduct investigations internally and on the field by creating change requests (CR's) and log proposals for new features and improvements.
- Ensure that system documentation, support processes, are always up to date, including
- Troubleshooting Guides, Check Lists, Error Tree.
- Report and propose changes (CR's) for Service Manuals, and User Manuals.
- Customer support process from customer contact to CAPA process
- Supporting tools (software) used for case investigations.
- Coordinate, invite and lead the specialist teams for Phadia 200, Phadia 2500 and Phadia Prime.
- Responsible for proposing and defining the metrics and KPI's for Systems Support.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, improving, automating, and visualizing the measurement of Systems Support/Global Services KPI's.
- System Owner and Maintenance responsible for IT systems:
- Remedy SYS Request.
- Remedy SYS Request.
- Secure that design, service, and application related functionality is reported, registered, considered and prioritized in new product development and Product Care activities/updates.
- Support launch of projects and transition to market by learning and give feedback on functionality and user friendliness.
- Sustain continuous alignment with Sales, Global Marketing, RA/QA and R&D around customer issues to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the complaint process as a system support expert when needed by:
- Supporting, and guiding the discussions and helping the complaint investigator.
- Support the complaint investigator by training them on the tools.
- Support the logfile investigations by guiding and training complaint investigators on Phadia Evaluation Tool (PET).
- Perform highly complex logfile analysis when possible.
- As and when required, provide technical support to customers and internal staff on Phadia Laboratory Systems if possible.
- Participate in service and user group meetings.
- Work towards achieving goals outside the core business (main tasks) to improve the customer experience.
How will you get here?
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in IVD industry
- 5+ years’ experience in Field Service or Technical Support, with a track record of high customer satisfaction
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills – including good technical presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a matrix environment and display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships across the organization
- Strong competency and an interest in continuous learning in the areas of Computer, Software, Method, Immunology, Assay process, Chemistry and function of our reagents.
- Can work under stress with many things ongoing with short delivery timelines
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-start in a fast-paced environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000+ extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.