Founded in New York in 1837, Tiffany & Co. is the world’s premier jeweler and America’s house of design. An iconic brand with a rich and storied heritage, Tiffany is a global manufacturer and retailer of jewelry and luxury accessories. With more than 13,000 employees, the company operates more than 300 Tiffany & Co. stores around the world.
Careers at Tiffany & Co. come in many styles. All require a passion for excellence, driving an inclusive culture, a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism, and respect for the bold elegance of our global brand. Working with us will challenge you to achieve your very best. Consider the opportunity to join us now.
We are seeking exceptional university students and recent graduates who want to build their professional skills while gaining experience with a global brand. Apply to be considered for our paid internship program. Applicants must be available to work up to 40 hours per week June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021.
The Tiffany Intern Learning Experience
This 10-week internship program will create a learning experience that will be a strong foundation for a future career. Students will have the chance to showcase their potential while applying their knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to the workplace at Tiffany. Throughout the program, Tiffany will provide on-the-job training as well as educational and networking opportunities for the interns. Each intern will assist their designated department with day-to-day responsibilities and special projects. Additionally, each intern will participate in a capstone project to demonstrate their learning experience and contributions to the organization.
Application deadline: March 30, 2021.
Candidates will be interviewed and selected on a rolling basis. This posting may be removed prior to the March 31, 2021 application deadline in the event a final candidate is selected.
The Industrial Engineering Intern will work beside the Lexington Operations Team (Manufacturing / Engineering / Quality Assurance) to review, identify, and implement solutions focused on improving operational efficiency, the capability/consistency of production quality, and the accuracy of supporting procedures and process documentation.
- Analyze (along with internal production teams) existing manufacturing processes focused on identifying opportunities that will improve throughput, reduce process variation, enhance product flow, and increase production capacity.
- Review Bills of Material and engineering standards, perform time studies, and validate the consistency, accuracy, and repeatability of documented production methods and time standards.
- Assist the manufacturing and quality departments with product defect identification, root cause investigation, team based problem solving, product containment, and reduction/minimization strategies.
- Provide support to the day to day operations of the engineering department including the participation/assistance in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement projects and activity.
- Apply engineering tools and knowledge in the areas of project management, process mapping, human factors engineering/ergonomics, and overall production flow (non-value added activity identification and elimination).
- Currently enrolled and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results on given assignments by required due dates.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma and traditional IE principles (process analysis, quality tools, production flow, continuous improvement, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and related computer skills.
- Please note the position location is 2445 Innovation Drive, Lexington, KY 40511.