We are seeking an experienced Marketing professional with strong business and project management capabilities to support the initiatives within our Biosciences Division's (BID) marketing organization. As the Sr Marketing Operations Manager you will be responsible for the coordination of key operating mechanisms including but not limited to quarterly townhalls, monthly showcases, annual campaign planning and monthly/quarterly business reviews. You will support annual operating mechanisms such as STRAP and AOP by making sure milestones are communicated and timelines are met. Jointly with the Marketing Operations Director, you will own the end to end success of strategic projects for BID marketing, ensuring accountability, execution timelines and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative results. You will work with other divisional marketing leaders to identify key issues and risks, recommend options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis to drive achievement of annual goals.
Keys to Success:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field required; MBA strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of cross functional work experience (e.g., Operations, R&D, Marketing or Commercial)
- Extensive project management experience
- Professional Project Management certification (e.g. certified by PMI®, Program Management Institute) preferred
- Hands-on data analytics/intelligence experience supporting cross-functional teams preferred
- Financial analysis and modeling capabilities preferred
- Expertise with lean tools such as value-stream mapping preferred
- Trained in Agile Marketing methodology preferred
- PPI/Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and excellent at tactical execution while understanding business priorities and long-term strategy and impact of deliverables.
- Ability to draw candid feedback from team members through positive relationship building.
- Ability to influence all levels of business partners in a highly matrixed organization.
- Expertise with analytics tools, such as PowerBI and Excel. Ability to learn and evaluate other tools for suitability of implementation.
- Skilled at interpreting data to draw conclusions and craft a story accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and PowerBI
- Ability to travel up to 15-20% including international locations
- Role requires ability to work US West Coast hours
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.