Senior Market Development Manager:
Are you passionate about science and specifically the contributions and advances made in the evolving world of genetic sciences? We are seeking a Senior Market Development Manager to lead our genetic analysis applications global market development activities.
Location: Open to remote locations in the US/Canada. Open to travel
How will you make an impact?
The successful candidate leads the marketing strategy for the basic, translational and clinical research segments. They will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical implementation of campaigns and deliverables, and will engage with a matrixed team, which includes, but not limited to, global and regional marketing, product management, commercial, finance, legal and corporate communications.
What will you do?
How will you get here?Education
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, and staging and pacing of marketing tactical programs
- Guide the development of positioning, messaging and creative content for specified applications and workflows for customers in research, conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Find, nurture and maintain customer advocates and identify collaboration opportunities to drive application content development; leverage partners to champion our solutions
- Develop and execute engaging marketing campaigns to achieve measurable results for new and/or existing products
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans among Product Management, Regional Market Development Partners, Commercial Leaders, and other stakeholders
- Successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Propose and execute on customer and market research programs to provide key market insights and actionable business outcomes
- Partner with Commercial Operations, Product Management and Regional Marketing Managers to develop and deliver sales training and support materials
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, KOL engagement and management, and public presentation
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, with previous work experience in biotechnology, medical devices, or pharmaceutical industry is also acceptable. MBA are desirable
Preferred/Nice to Have Skills
- 5-7+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the genomics, molecular biology, or molecular diagnostic arenas
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing demand and lead generation campaigns, nurturing tactics and customer advocacy programs.
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex global, matrix environments, including managing expectations of multiple stakeholders across business units and regions
- Develop and deliver presentations and trainings for a wide variety of audiences, including sales teams, regional marketing and customers
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Knowledge of the sequencing, real-time PCR, and/or microarray markets and technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large audiences
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leader
- Approximately 25% domestic and international travel